Housing & Assistance Programs

The Housing Authority provides decent and safe housing for families and individuals. We offer a variety of housing opportunities through different government programs. All programs are administered by applications which are submitted through our Leasing Department. Each program has various qualifications that an individual must meet in order to be accepted to a particular program.

To be eligible for housing assistance, applicants must meet at a minimum the following criteria:

Wait List Status

Due to the large demand for housing assistance, the Housing Authority has established several waiting lists for the various programs we administer.

Currently, the status of those waiting lists is as follows:

  • Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program – Closed
  • All Waiting Lists for Public Housing, Moderate Rehabilitation, Project Based, Uplands Townhomes are closed.
  • One bedroom Waiting Lists for Mineral Palace Tower, Richmond Senior Apartments and Union Plaza is closed.
  • All bedrooms within the following Tax Credit Properties: Rood Candy Apartments, Santa Fe Crossing, Ashwood Apartments, and Oakshire Trails are open.

To register for these waiting lists, you will need to complete the on-line application form which can be accessed at here , or go to any of the Housing Authority offices during normal business hours. Before beginning the application process online, you will need a valid e-mail and mailing address.

Once you submit the application, you will receive an e-mail confirming its receipt. If you have any issues with submitting the application online or do not receive a confirmation, please call (719) 542-6741. When your name comes up on the application waiting list, you will be contacted via letter with the instructions on how to complete your housing application and who to contact. It is your responsibility to ensure that all information submitted on the application remains current. Any changes to this information can only be accomplished by notifying our office in writing. No changes to the information on this application will be accepted over the phone.

For more information about our various programs, please refer to the information and links below:

Public Housing

The Public Housing Program provides low-rent units for low income families and individuals. 

Elderly and Disabled Housing

The Housing Authority maintains several housing projects which focuses on our senior or disabled clients and couples.

USDA Rural Development - Farm Labor Program

Consists of 18 units of off-farm housing for farm laborers. 

This program allows participants to find their own housing, including apartments, townhouses and single family homes. 

These units are owned and operated by private landlords who accept only referrals from the Housing Authority.